Personal Injury Lawyer Cocoa
As an accident injury victim of Cocoa, Florida, you never anticipated getting hurt in a motor vehicle collision, slip and fall accident, or any other kind of mishap when you left your home that morning. Needless to say, your accident was a traumatic experience that left you dazed and confused. If so, it may be time to consult with a Cocoa personal injury attorney from the Graves Thomas Rotunda Injury Law Group.
The Concept of Negligence
Most personal injury cases are based on the concept of negligence which is defined in legal dictionaries as the “failure to behave with the level of care that another person of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances.” To prove negligence, your Cocoa injury attorney will have to show that:
- the at-fault party (defendant) owed a legal duty of care to the injury victim (plaintiff)
- the defendant breached that legal duty
- you suffered injuries
- your injuries resulted when the defendant breached that legal duty of care
As your legal representative, the Graves Thomas Rotunda Injury Law Group team will evaluate your case and explain what legal options are available to you.
Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney or Represent Yourself?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be wondering if you should hire a Cocoa accident attorney or represent yourself. Technically, anyone has the right to proceed pro se or represent themselves in a personal injury case. The fact that you won’t have to pay attorney’s fees may make self-representation very tempting. However, these savings could be costly, especially if you settle for a reduced amount of compensation.
Without an experienced, knowledgeable attorney on your side, it’s unlikely that you will receive the compensation you deserve. No matter how strong your evidence and the facts surrounding your accident are, here are 5 reasons to hire a Cocoa personal injury attorney from the Graves Thomas Rotunda Injury Law Group:
- You don’t know how to negotiate with the defendant and/or their insurer.
- You don’t know personal injury law and what you need to prove.
- You don’t know the statute of limitations (deadline for filing your claim) in your personal injury case.
- You don’t understand the rules of evidence and the civil procedure.
- You don’t understand the types of damages you could be entitled to and won’t get fair and reasonable compensation for your injuries.
Our attorneys are trusted advocates during a client’s time of need. From handling all the legwork to ensuring that you receive the proper medical care and treatment, your Cocoa injury attorney at Graves Thomas Rotunda Injury Law Group will shoulder your burden and alleviate your stress and worry. We want you to relax and recuperate from your injuries while we shoulder the responsibility of helping you win the deserved compensation.
Different Injuries Require Different Attorneys
Most individuals assume that personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. However, any time you’re injured by a company or individual, you may be eligible to file a claim. For instance, you may need a:
- Cocoa auto accident attorney if you’re injured in a motor vehicle collision
- Cocoa slip and fall attorney if you were injured on a commercial or residential property
- Cocoa worker’s compensation attorney if you’ve been denied benefits for an injury you sustained on the job
Don’t risk losing the compensation you’re entitled to, call the Graves Thomas Rotunda Injury Law Group at (772) 569-8155 and schedule a FREE consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys today. We serve the following zip codes and more: 32922, 32923, and 32926.
“My husband was represented by Graves Thomas Rotunda Injury Law Group and both of us have the utmost praise for this legal firm and its representatives. [They] accurately, professionally and successfully presented my husband’s accident case during mediation proceedings.”
– Donna, Client
– Jeff, Client