Personal Injury Lawyer Palm Bay
Were you recently injured in a motor vehicle accident? Did you injure yourself in a slip and fall accident on commercial or residential property? Were you hurt on the job? These are all circumstances that may require hiring a Palm Bay car accident attorney, Palm Bay slip and fall lawyer, or a workers compensation lawyer from the Graves Thomas Injury Law Group. We can get you the compensation you’re entitled to and ensure your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
The Basis for a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit
Personal injury is defined as any type of injury suffered in an accident. These injuries often arise from motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, or work accidents. To file a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you must have legal grounds to do so. In Florida, the grounds for filing such a claim or lawsuit include:
- Strict Liability – when the behavior or direct actions of an individual cause harm or injury to another regardless of fault, this is referred to as “strict liability” and commonly applies to cases where a person’s injuries were caused by the handling of dangerous or hazardous materials.
- Intentional act or behavior – assault, battery, fraud, and invasion of privacy are all examples of personal injury claims based on an intentional act or behavior. In other words, one person intended to harm another.
- Negligence – legal dictionaries commonly define “negligence” as the “failure to act rationally or use reasonable care” and the “failure to exercise the care toward others which a reasonable person would do in similar circumstances.”
If you feel that any of these apply to your circumstances, a Palm Bay personal injury attorney from the Graves Thomas Injury Law Group can determine the value of your cases and sue the person responsible for your injuries.
Cases Based on Negligence
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in an accident caused by the negligent actions or behavior of another person, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim and sue for negligence. If your case is based on negligence, you and your Palm Bay injury lawyer must prove the following elements:
- The defendant (person responsible for the accident and your injuries) had a duty or standard of care to uphold.
- The defendant breached that duty of care
- You or a loved one suffered injuries.
- The defendant’s breach caused your injuries.
How the Graves Thomas Injury Law Group attorney handling your case proves will depend on the circumstances surrounding your case. Much of this will depend on who the defendant is and the specific type of injury that your or your loved one suffered. We will take down the details and then formulate the plan of action. It helps to have a team of investigation specialists, paralegal and administrative assistants that pool in their resources and skills to assist the experienced lawyers in helping our clients.
Why Should You Choose our Personal Injury Law Firm?
At our personal injury law firm, we put the emphasis on helping our clients recover their financial losses after getting injured in an accident. In so doing, we help them put their lives back together as they are recovering from their injuries or the loss of a loved one. Over the years, we have helped our clients win millions of dollars as damages. To learn more or to schedule a FREE consultation with a Palm Bay personal injury attorney, contact the Graves Thomas Injury Law Group at (772) 569-8155 today. We serve the following zip codes and more: 32904, 32905, 32906, 32907, 32908, 32909, 32910, and 32911.
“My husband was represented by Graves Thomas Injury Law Group and both of us have the utmost praise for this legal firm and its representatives. [They] accurately, professionally and successfully presented my husband’s accident case during mediation proceedings.”
– Donna, Client
– Jeff, Client